Mr. Jacobs is a successful trainer, business leader, consultant, executive coach and speaker. He’s been heavily involved in clinical supply chain operations, IMPs, cGMPs, cGCPs, cGDPs, clinical development and quality for pharmaceutical and biotech products. He sits on the Board of Directors of the largest professional clinical supplies organization in the world, the Global Clinical Supplies Group. His expertise also includes success in innovation, global cultural dynamics, organizational development, and high performing teams. He has presented globally on leadership, management, forecasting, planning, creativity, making global teams successful, emotional intelligence, generational differences, human error prevention, clinical supplies logistics, project management, problem solving and contract negotiations.
In the past he has been the CEO and COO of a start up company as well as the president and Global Chief Operating Officer of a multinational contract organization that served companies like Novartis, Eisai, Lilly and others in the pharmaceutical and biotech sector.
His ability to lead, drive outcomes, and bring teams together to deliver products and services on time and on budget was honed and developed as the head of US clinical supply operations for Johnson & Johnson. This was part of his 22 years of experience in clinical supplies, clinical development and global team leadership.
Mr. Jacobs was also a logistics and aviation officer, in the U.S. Army, where he rose to the rank of Major and was a maintenance test pilot, and pilot in command, for both helicopters and fixed wing Army aircraft.
His undergraduate degree is in Pharmacy from the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia and his MBA is from the University of Phoenix with a specialization in global management.
George Bednarski has held Director Positions with IBM and SAP. His area of expertise includes the creation, consolidation, operation, optimization and exploitation for best-of-breed Inside Sales, Marketing, General Information, Electronic Data Capture and Technical Support contact centers.
George also had P&L responsibility across centers on 5 continents, 15 countries and in 23 cities. Examples of George’s projects include developing an Electronic Data Capture (EDC) center in support of worldwide clinical trial contracts for several major Drug & Life Science companies. He also established a contact center in Beijing, China, with 212 agents.
His core areas of expertise include:
- Large scale integration of marketing, sales operation support teams and field sales.
- Global support for business elements including labor, tariffs, real estate, skills, stability, grants, taxation and costs.
- Service planning to ensure maximum QA in contract optimization, initialization and execution.
- Product development with “Profit and Loss” achieving GP and revenue in excess of 30% and $12MM respectively.
- Represented a worldwide 176 contact center on a corporate wide $2.7B cost take out initiative, including exceeding all objectives.
- HR / Personnel experience buttressed with:
General Manager Expertise, Computer Technician, Software Programmer, 1st Line Management Database Manager, Executive Assistant for Personnel/Administration & Communications, Services Business Manager, Region Executive for IBM’s entire Northeast Region, Product Development Executive, complemented by:
- Over 4000 hours of hardware product, software programming, behavioral science, managerial practices, Industrial Relations, Sciences and personnel/HR education providing for a solid business acumen.
- He is also an Army Veteran serving with the counter mortar intelligence school and 16 months on an Advisory team in Vietnam.